Sunday, December 21, 2008

happy winter solstice, all! and a holiday list from nana



The days shall become blessedly longer after today, and perhaps I can eventually stop supplementing my chickens with a light that comes on at 3am (and occasionally causes our rooster to sing a little song at that hour!). The photo is of some berries Miss A collected yesterday to occupy herself during construction! (you can see my flip-flop toes from the crazy-warm day yesterday, and again tonite it will freeze!)

Nana (my mom, and a children's librarian to boot!--so as expert as can be on this topic!) made me a list her nine favorite holiday books for kids. Sadly, I have not read a single one of them (or happily, as it gives me so much to look forward to!). Check them out below, and happy holiday reading to all (you can fit a lot of reading in on the longest night of the year, after all!). I will warn you now that my posting may be erratic as the holiday frenzy heats up and we head to the great North Country! Feliz Navidad!


No comments:

Post a Comment