Wednesday, February 4, 2009

new bed


Finally decided to tackle a lonely stretch of west-facing fenceline. I built limestone raised beds with rocks from our property and backfilled with Garden-Ville Rose Soil. Then I planted these:
1 Vitex Agnus-Castus (chaste tree)
2 Nerium (oleander--yes, I know it is poisonous, my children have already been lectured)
2 leucophyllum frutescens (texas sage--not really a sage, though)
2 sophora secundiflora (texas mountain laurel)
3 dianthus (pinks)
3 santolina
2 setcreasea purpurea (purple heart)
1 bignonia (trumpet vine)

After planting I mulched with two inches of Ladybug Turkey Compost and then another 3 inches of Texas Native Hardwood mulch. Let's hope those lovelies get settled before the blast-furnace starts stoking!



And enjoy this link to a little winter gardening advice from Central TX Gardener:

No comments:

Post a Comment